Thursday 26 August 2010

Seriously Sally Hansen, Seriously?

So, my nail challenge is going well, so I thought I'd go for a nice pink NOTD, using Fairy Cake by 17. The application wasn't the easiest, but I did ok. I thought I'd top it off with some Sally Hansen Nail Shine Miracle, which I won about a month ago. This product usually retails around £9.50 and claims to give a 'salon perfect, shiny manicure that lasts up to 10 days'



Well, it was a big mistake! I waited until my varnish was nice and dry, and then added one thick coat as advised.   This was where it all went wrong. It instantly made my nails all sticky, and didn't seem to dry. I waited a good few minutes, but it was still so sticky that I ended up ruining most of my nails as I was getting ready to go out. All my good work was undone, and I had to take off all the varnish as it looked so awful. If I just hadn't bothered with the top coat, I would have been fine. Now this is a fairly expensive product, so I would have expected more. I don't know if it would be different over another varnish, but I have to say I am very disappointed. Like I said, I won this from Sally Hansen, so nothing lost. I don't know whether to give it another chance to redeem itself, but after today I really don't know if I want to! Its a shame really, I have other products by Sally Hansen that I like, but this has been a let down.

Has anyone used this? How did you find it?

Don't worry though, I have now done another NOTD, which I will post later!




Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

7 comments:

  1. I have to say I've used this and loved this. I applied it a day later, but it really worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @helen Hmm, yeah I was thinking it maybe was because the varnish wasn't totally dry. I'll give it a go a day later and see how I get on. Seems a shame to waste it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened to me too, it was awful! And it was gloopy and just eurgh. Huge thumbs down from me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm i use Insta-Dri from sally hansen , which i think is AMAZING considering O.P.I quick dri stuff is more expensive, I also tried Insta- Brite , which is supposed to make your nails whiter in two coats ... this was a fail and didnt work at all. I dont mind sally hansen but i find alot of the top coats make your polish peel off really easily :S... XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hun, I've got Sally Hansen Hard as Diamonds, it's ok but not as good as Seche Vite! Have you tried that one yet? It dries so quick. I bought a sample varnish from Ebay for £2.99 just to try it first but I love it. I bought a full sized one of Ebay yesterday. You wont regret spending the money on it x x

    http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blog!

    please check out my blog and enter my giveaway :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just found your blog and I think we are the same person haha! I am a scottish student nurse with a very unhealthy obbsession with beauty / fashion! The only thing I hate about placement is not being able to wear nail polish!

    http://www.cupcakecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...