Wednesday 18 August 2010

My stop nail biting challenge and first ever NOTD!

As I have mentioned before, I have the nasty habit of biting my nails, and always have. Well, the time has come for it to stop! I am always so jealous of all your NOTD posts, with lovely nail art, so this is my inspiration to stop. I especially love the konad nails I have seen, and am going to treat myself to a konad set once my nails have grown enough. I have already managed a few weeks of no biting, and its going well so far.


Now I know they might not look long at all, but believe me, this is good progress! They are usually so nibbled that no tip is visible! I can really feel the difference, like them catching on things, and when I type. I quite like this though, and its all motivation! I am scared though that if one breaks then I might just give up and be back at square one. I think if I keep them nicely painted though, this will deter me from biting, and look nice of course! This means, I have been purchasing some nice polishes recently, mostly Barry M, as I love the range of colours, and they have been on offer at 2 for £5. So, drum roll please...... its my first ever Nail of the Day (NOTD)!


The polish I used was Barry M's Berry Ice Cream. I have a few of the ice cream shades, and love them all. I think it looks so summery, even if the weather up here doesn't agree. I put on 2 coats, without a top coat, and it has lasted about 2 days before chips started happening today. I guess that will teach me to not use a top coat. As having nicely painted nails is my main motivation for stopping the biting, I think I will make a weekly NOTD post, to keep me going!

As I am not that used to painting my nails, they don't turn out that neat. I thought I'd share with you a little something that I first saw on Jelena's blog, that helps me out a bit.

Its the Boots expert Nail polish remover pen. It cost £5, and is like a felt tip, but made of nail polish remover. I know that many people use cotton buds or orange sticks dipped into remover, but I find this a little fiddly, and this pen just makes things easier for me. I use it to tidy up around the edges, and hopefully make my nails look a bit tidier.

So, wish me luck with my stop biting challenge, and any tips, gratefully appreciated!


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

12 comments:

  1. Good luck on the challenge, painting your nails is one good motivation.:D

    Happy Wednesday!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a nail biting habit! It's so great that you can have the strength to quit! That's a really good idea to paint them a pretty color. I'll have to try it (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done :) great job. I used to bite mine but yes like Marie said above ... Painting them is a great way to try and stop it.
    How is the Clinique trial coming along? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog! :-) Thank you for mentioning my blog here! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support girls! Its actually been easier than I thought, but I guess I have no stress at the moment, and its definetely a nervous/stressed thing. We'll see how I get on once I am back at uni!
    @fashionableaddict I am still liking it, got my full sized products through the other day, so got a bit to keep me going. I have started using a normal cleanser at night, as I don't really like using the facial wash. Is it supposed to remove make up? Or are you supposed to remove first?
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty colour it looks so lovely. good luck with the rest of the challenge!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Pink Pom Poms I've always removed my make up before using the 3 step skin care. But on the odd occasion where ive forgotten, I've found it takes off normal mascara no problem .... not certain about waterproof items though.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the nails, look forward to more NOTD's! x

    http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. May have to invest in the pen! Your nails look great already; not too short or too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey im a student nurse too .... what yr are u in? xx ive only just started my blod but please take a look it will be good to talk =) i have just finished writing a essay now lol =/ ahh the joys least we (if u in the uk) get our bursery tomorrow =) yay xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks girls!
    @fashionableaddict, I have been using eye make up remover with it, but not sure its taking off all my face makeup?
    @Aimee, I'm going into 4th year, which is honours year up here in Scotland. I have had the whole summer off this year, its been great. Our bursary is slightly different up here, mine was last week. May have spent alot of it already,oops!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm slow to this party I know... I am a nail biter and I stopped for a few months but weak nails and stress have ruined my efforts :( Must keep trying. Any more recent nail updates? I need inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...