Thursday 13 January 2011

Sale Lush treats

Now, I have to admit, I'm not a major lush fan. Not really sure why, but i've just never got into it. I did buy a few products last year, such as a lip scrub, dream time balm, and a lip gloss. When I was in buying the lipscrub, I picked up a bubble bar to try out. I did actually enjoy using it, despite it being a bit messier than my normal bottle of bubble bath. This is mainly cos I wanted to get a few baths out of the bar, so I cut it up. Anyway, so when I read about the lush sale, where all christmas products were 50% off, I thought this was a perfect time to stock up on some bargains, as I think lush is a wee bit pricey normally. I was also lucky enough to get 3 bath bombs from my wee brother for christmas.

So, what did I get?


This pretty little lot cost me about £12.50 or thereabouts. In support of my aim of being tidy, the receipt is already in the bin!


After all the blogger excitement around snow fairy, I felt I had to give the legendary stuff a try. There were no medium bottles, and I didn't want to go mad and get the huge bottle, so I just got the mini bottle. I took it away with me when I went up north to visit the bf's folks, and, while I like it, it didn't blow me away. It has a nice scent like sweeties, but I don't think it would replace my favourite soap and glory shower gel. Just as well, seen as its seasonal. I also got the lip tint, as it smells nice, and as I don't always like wearing lipstick, will at least give me a bit of colour.

I got two gift sets, as I wanted a selection of products, and this was easier than picking them out myself.


This is the contents of the Bunty box, which was reduced from £12.50 to £6.25.  I thought this was pretty good value for 2 bubble bars and 2 bath bombs.


This is the secret santa box, which was reduced from £5 to £2.50. How cute is the santa bath bomb? He smells really orangey. Will be kind of a shame to use him, but I will.

Then, when I was through in Edinburgh meeting up with Zeby from Eye to the keyhole, I couldn't resist and bought a couple more bubble bars.

The blue one (christmas eve I think its called) got a bit icky in the bag, but I am sure it will still be lovely.

I haven't actually used any of the bath products yet, but am looking forward to some relaxing baths when I have the time.

Did you get any lush bargains?
Are there any lush products I really need to try?

9 comments:

  1. They are soo cute. I need to haul them when I make my trip to UK this april. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never really tried anything from Lush until xmas when I got some stuff for my bday and in the sale. Now I love it! Im a bit gutted I cant use the bath stuff tho :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Buffy?:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total lush addict! I love Snow Fairy and try and get enough to last throughout the year. I think though some of the over hype about it is because its limited to winter.

    As for what you need to try, well that all depends on your taste. Do you like sweet scents? Flowery ones? What cant you stand? Looking for something for the bath / shower / face?

    Think I got a bit carried away there, sorry! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love LUSH. Just discovered the Christmas Eve bubble bar...it is amazing. I really want to get out to lush before they are all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I wasn't disappointed by Snow Fairy, but I guess I expected more after seeing all the raves on the blogosphere. It smells amazing, I agree, but I don't know, it just doesn't lather as much as I would like.

    I tried a bubble bar for the first time last week (The Beaderded Lady) and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey =) i've given you an award over at my blog xx

    http://starsglittermagic.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lush, a lot of people find the smell of the place about over powering but I think they're product are great and really good value. I used things like moisturiser, cleanser, toner and scrub and whilst I've tried other brands too I always end up back in lush. There stuff works wonders on my sensitive dry skin! I always buy people bath bombs and those little boxes are great for Christmas presents. I hope you enjoy all your purchases )


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Lush bubble baths! I'll tell you one thing though, whether or not I want to buy soap, the scent of the store just lures me in. I just have to nosey around and take something home. :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...