Tuesday 18 January 2011

Lee Stafford

I always look out for haircare bargains in the post Christmas sales, and this year didn't disappoint.


I spied this Lee Stafford bargain in Boots, which I got for £7.50 down from £15.00. Not bad seen as the products usually cost over £5 each. 

The set I got is the poker straight set, which contains flat iron protection mist, dry shampoo, and dehumidifier. I have had a go of all of these products, and I like them so far. I did go through a slight Lee Stafford obsession, probably about 8 or 9 years ago, so the smell reminds me of my youth. The products all have the same distinctive smell, which is quite strong, so if its not your thing, it could be quite off putting.


I have to admit I am terribly guilty of straightening my hair without using any kind of protection spray, so I hope this will spur me into action. I don't actually straighten my hair that often, but I did get cloud nine straighteners for my birthday, so will probably do it a bit more often. I will review these for you in due time, but I want to give them a good trial, as they are such an expensive product. Anyway, when I have used the heat protection spray my hair felt nice and shiny after straightening, and was hopefully protected.

I whipped out the dry shampoo last week following an all night dissertation writing session, as I had no time to wash my hair before handing the work in. I usually use batiste, and can't say I thought it was any better or worse than it. I do prefer the smell of the Lee Stafford, but really need to use it a few more times to give you a better opinion.

Now, the dehumdifier claims to be like an umbrella for your hair. This is obviously something I can really do with in Scotland. The day I used this, as always when I spend ages straightening my hair, I was caught in torrential rain as I came out of Starbucks with my friend. My hair did get pretty wet, and go a bit wavy, but I do think it looked a bit better than it might have normally. I think this product is more aimed at light rain and humidity, so the Scottish rain is probably a bit too much to ask.

Overall, I like all the products, and look forward to using them and giving you a more in depth review.

I noticed this set is still online in the Boots sale if you want to grab one, or have a look in your local Boots.

What are your favourite haircare products?


2 comments:

  1. looks like you bagged a bargain there :)

    http://xcharmed-chickx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got something very similar to this in the sale, it was a little pink make up bag with mini versions of those three products in. I've tried the heat protection before and really liked how it didnt leave my hair sticky :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...