Thursday 27 January 2011

House party FOTD



I went to a house party with a friend on saturday night, so wanted a pretty casual make up look.


The eyes didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but hey, I am still learning. Again, almost all the shadow disappears when my eyes are open, so I guess I need to work on that. Please comment with any tips for me.


What I used-


Face




Avon Ideal shade cream to powder foundation in Shell
L'Oreal True Match powder in Rose Ivory
NYC color wheel in peach glow
Collection 2000 blush in 04 Trouble.
e.l.f  under eye concealer & highlighter in glow/fair
Avon blemish clearing stick, no shade
e.l.f complexion brush
e.l.f blush brush
Old black kabuki


Eyes



Maybelline the Falsies Mascara in Black
Avon Glimmerstick brow definer in Blonde
MUA Clear Mascara (shade 1) on brows
Avon Supershock Gel eyeliner in Silver (on lower waterline)
Benefit eye bright, (in corners of eyes and under brows)
e.l.f eyelid primer
e.l.f 32 piece eyeshadow collection
e.l.f eyeshadow brush
old 17 eyeshadow brush to blend
Vital Radiance brow brush


Lips




Soap and Glory Sexy Motherpucker- Candy Gloss



I did notice this time with the foundation that it really shows up any dry patches, something I don't get with my usual liquid foundation. It also didn't last amazingly, as photos from later in the night reveal a lovely shiny face! As my skin had a few break outs, I decided to use the Avon concealer, as it is medicated to treat the skin. I'm not sure if it made much difference, but it certainly didn't make things any worse.


So, please send in any eyeshadow tips for my tiny little eyes. I guess the fact that I wear glasses alot doesn't help either, so any tips for eye looks for glasses wearers wanted too!

6 comments:

  1. You look lovely sweet! Ive not got very big eyelids either :( I just bring the colour up a little bit higher so you can see it when my eye is open. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I have the same problem with the shadow disappearing when I open my eyes. I just put more on and higher up on the lid.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister has small eyelids like yours so when i do her make up for her i put the crease colour slightly above the actual crease - that way it doesn't look like there is dark eyeshadow in a stupid place but it looks like there is a bit more definition. For your look i would've used the darker purple just above the crease and then used the lighter shimmer to blend it out!

    I also wear glasses and don't think you should let that stop you doing anything - i just wear the exact same with them as i would without! Here is one look i did for my birthday http://xxshivvyxx.blogspot.com/2011/01/birthday-make-up.html hope it helps!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and wearable look...I just must try that lovely lip gloss too!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your tips! I think I definitely need to be more adventurous with my eyeshadow.

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "Sexy Mother Pucker" lipgloss! And the name just always makes me laugh!
    Tamera xo

    http://tamerastake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...