Wednesday 5 January 2011

New year, new resolutions...

Once again it is a new year, and a time for reflecting back, and looking forward.
Firstly, I would like to wish all my readers a Happy New Year, and I hope that you all had a lovely festive season.
I had a lovely time, my holiday in Egypt was great, I even managed to do a bit of snorkelling, far away from where the shark attacks were. It was my birthday while we were out there, and while it was weird to be away from my family, it was lovely to spend the day with my boyfriend, as I didn't see him on my birthday last year. The staff at the hotel brought a cake up to my room, and my boyfriend told me he had bought me a day cupcake class, at Bibi's bakery, the place with the amazing cakes I blogged about here.

Then it was back to the cold and snow of Scotland to get into the christmas spirit. I caught up with friends, and stayed at home with my family, as both my brothers were at home. I managed to get a few bargains in the sales, which I may just show you in the next few days. Then, on the 28th, I went through to Edinburgh and met up with the lovely Zeby from Eye to the keyhole. We went for a fish pedicure, you can read all about our adventures on her blog here.

Anyway, like most people, at the start of each year I like to think about the year ahead, and set some goals/resolutions. I'm trying to be sensible this year, and make them realistic and achievable.

This year I will...


Finish university and qualify as a nurse.

Get my first job as a nurse, even though the job situation in Scotland is dire. I WILL get a job.

Hopefully said job will be near to where my boyfriend lives, and I can then move in with him, and live happily ever after.

Wherever I get a job, I will be fleeing the parental nest, hopefully for the last time.

This year my goals/ resolutions are...


Learn to drive and pass my test. I got a groupon deal for 6 lessons during the snowy spell, so I am all set.

Get fitter, healthier, and lose some weight. Basically, I am a lazy, junk food fan. As a nurse, and a sensible person, I know this needs to change. I have felt myself putting on weight, and I would like to lose this and feel more confident about myself. I am planning to start running, swimming,  and gymming myself, and going to zumba with one of my best friends and her mum.

Stop buying, collecting, and generally hoarding, stuff I don't need. I am currently having a major room turn out, and I really can't add anymore junk to the stuff I already have.

Only buy clothes I really like, not loads of cheap clothes. I have done well with this recently, as I haven't bought anything in ages. I have also vowed not to buy clothes until I have gone down a size or two.

Improve my make up skills. I am still quite a newbie at make up, even though I have been wearing it for years. I want to master lovely eyes, eyeliner, the works.

Learn to apply false lashes. I have loads of false lashes, and pretty short natural lashes, so I really want to master the art of applying them. Any tips, please, help!

Take better photos. I want to take better photos, for my blog, and just generally. My boyfriend gave me a few things for birthday and christmas that should help, which I will try out and let you know about.

Stop buying things because of hype. I'm sure you all understand this one. A new product comes out, everyone is blogging about it, and then you just 'have' to go out and buy it. This is how I end up with products i'll probably never use, yes, Sleek circus palette I'm looking at you.

Grow my nails. Yes, as you may realise, this is an ongoing battle for me, as I bite my nails. I can do it, I can!

Generally, try to be more positive and happy. I tend to get stressed and upset about things, but if  I can be more organised, I should manage to avoid this.


So, nothing too taxing, so hopefully I will manage. I think I will take a look back in 3 months, and update you all on how I am doing.

Have you set any goals or resolutions?

5 comments:

  1. <3 yoor blogg :)
    follow me?? xx :)
    izzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great resolutions - good luck with them! I still haven't decided on mine...I think getting healthy and buying less but better quality stuff will feature on my list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. We have some of the same goals.
    ~Health
    ~taking better pictures
    ~stop buying every little cute thing that I see
    We can accomplish our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like some pretty good goals. Learning to drive is one I forgot on my list, oops! Got my first lesson on Monday :)
    Where in Scotland are you?xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Down with the false lashies, I'm absolutely rubbish, need to practise more. And I need to lose weight, over the weekend I had Maccy D, Burger King and a take out curry :( I'm so bad lol have started healthy eating today and hope to go for a jog after work tomorrow. Don't lose focus love...

    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...