Monday 10 January 2011

First ever Face Of The Day- FOTD

Yes, thats right, my first ever face of the day. Or evening. Or doing anything to avoid doing dissertation work. My bad.


So here we have it, a pretty simple look, in which I used alot of products I have, but don't usually use. In case you are wondering, my hair is still blonde, those are just my horrific roots! First thing I'm doing when I get my bursary is getting my hair done. It doesn't look at all bad when its down, but I had it up all day as I have been working on the dreaded dissertation.



 As I said in my resolutions post, I am not great at applying make up, but practice makes perfect. I think I did ok today, but probably could have done a bit more with my eyes. I am really not confident with doing eye looks, and end up just using one colour, on the lid. As this all but disappears when I open my eyes, I need to do something else I think! I did actually use 3 colours today, go me!

What I used-

Face


Avon Ideal shade cream to powder foundation in Shell
NYC smooth skin loose face powder in Translucent
NYC color wheel in peach glow
Avon face pearls
Rimmel 3 in 1 powder blush in winter glow
e.l.f  under eye concealer & highlighter in glow/fair
e.l.f complexion brush
e.l.f blush brush
Old black kabuki, think it was boots- applied color wheel
Bronze handled kabuki, boots sale bargain- applied face pearls

Eyes


Maybelline the Falsies Mascara in Black
Avon Glimmerstick brow definer in Blonde
MUA Clear Mascara (shade 1) on brows
17 Glam Rocks eye palette (used the white shade all over the eye area, then the light and dark silver on the lid)
Really old eyeshadow brush from elite
Vital Radiance brow brush

The lipstick is a really old collection 2000 ultra shine, in sunblush. I forgot to take a picture of this! I am not really confident enough for dark or bright lip colours, so tend to stick to something pale. Maybe I need to face this fear this year too.

Like I said, alot of these products I don't normally use, but this year I want to start using up my collection. I really like the foundation actually. I applied it with the sponge it came with, as I am not sure what else I should use with a cream to powder? The eyeshadow palette is the one that came as a freebie with 17, if you spent £6. 


Finally, a pic of what I really look like, all geeky in my specs. I actually don't mind wearing glasses at all, but I do wear contacts when I go out, and whenever else I feel like it.

I hope you liked my first FOTD. What do you think of the format I used? I always like to see pictures of the make up people use, but the list is helpful too for shades used.

10 comments:

  1. great look =) look forward to more! good luck with your dissertation x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you look so lovely! I love all the peachy pinks! You should totally do more FOTD's :)

    Love Britt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee you're such a little cutie! Look lovely as always :) Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im supposed to be doing dissertation work too if that makes you feel any better. And as you can tell, im not! ha. :)
    Make up looks lovely though. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks lovely :)
    i gave you an award over on my blog hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thanks very much everyone!
    I will definitely do them more often now.

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your FOTD format and think your FOTD looked great :-) Also like the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a fox tail if you'd like to check it out. xx
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...