Tuesday 24 August 2010

Avon calling, part 2

Told you there would be more Avon posts! This is my second, slightly smaller order. I hope that it will be helpful for you to see my purchases, as I think we are all a bit nervous of ordering things we have never seen properly. It can be a bit hit and miss, as you will see.

I got almond and milk body lotion, which was a free gift from my lovely rep for spending over £30, (my mum helped out with this!) This smells absolutely amazing, a great gift. Then we have Aloha liquid soap, which was £1 as I spent over £10. This smells ok, and I am sure will work perfectly well as a soap, not much else to say about it! Again, couldn't resist a wee treat for my feet, and got the cherry ice exfoliating scrub for £1.80. This actually smells alot better than the spray I got last time. Just need to find a moment to give myself a pedicure. This Dry Skin SOS cream is for my boyfriend, he has eczema and really dry skin, so is always on the lookout for something to help that. Let me know if you would like an update, maybe I can persuade him to do a review!

I ordered the clearskin blemish clearing blemish stick (bit of a mouthful) which is the slight miss I was talking about. From the catalogue I thought it was one of those sticks that you can apply to a blemish to help clear it up. Which I guess it is, but its also a concealer. I think this is where Avon sometimes falls short, the items in the catalogue don't always have the best descriptions.Its actually an ok colour, and has a kind of medicated smell, so hopefully will do some good.

This cost £1.75, so i'll give it a go and see how I get on. The packaging did amuse me a bit-

Skin coloured? Is there such a colour? Surely they understand there are many different skin colours?

I also ordered a couple of make up products, surprise surprise!


These are the Illuminating face pearls which were £5.00, and a glimmerstick brow definer in Blonde. I am a bit unsure of this, but I am going to do a full post about my eyebrow crayon dilemmas!

Katie T always puts in a good few samples for me to try, as she knows what I'm like. I got a few perfume samples, including the Reese Witherspoon one that I requested, some skincare samples and these cute lipsticks-

How adorable are they? So teeny tiny, and ideal for travelling.

I have to say, I am loving getting the Avon catalogue every few weeks, I can spend ages trawling through it looking for bargains. I am not sure my purse is so happy though!

Let me know if you would like any reviews, or have any Avon recommendations!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

2 comments:

  1. Hey love them avon face pearls had them before may get them again as the market lady has them at 3.00 but they could be gone next time i go back thats the thing about markets.... hit and miss on the prods u want =) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the (majority of the) order! I actually couldn't resist and bought the face pearls for myself this time, so jealous was I when I delivered the order to you! The colour seems pretty subtle, so I will have to play around and see how much I need to put on - how do you find them? And what were your thoughts on the Reese Witherspoon perfume, was it nice? I'll keep my eyes peeled for it coming back into the brochure if you liked it.
    Keep up the great blog posts, I'm enjoying them (especially the Avon ones, of course!)
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...