Monday 2 August 2010

Avon calling!

I was very excited when one of my best friends, Katie T, told me that she was becoming an Avon rep! I have always liked Avon stuff, its good quality, and there are some great offers in the brochure. You may see a few posts like this in the future!

The thing I was most excited to get was the frizz control Lotus Shield.

This is a lightweight serum, which claims to smooth and tame, and provide a barrier against humid weather. As we get alot of damp weather up here in Scotland, this could be a lifesaver! I have had a go already, and am liking it so far. I will give it a proper review after a few weeks use. This was £5 on offer, usual price £7.

The other things I got were facial suncream for £4, which is alot cheaper than other brands I have seen. Its spf 30, so should protect my pale skin. It is also anti-ageing, bonus!

I got a spa headband for £1.50, which will be good for when I use face masks and the like.

I got a couple of foot products, as I don't know about you, but summer comes around, and my feet start to look horrible, all hard, cracked, and generally eww.  I got footworks pedi peel pads, which were £2.15, and are basically pads that you rub over your heels, and they provide intensive moisturisation. They did seem to make my feet feel softer, but my quest for something to properly sort them out continues! I also got footworks cooling foot spray,in cherry, for £2.25. This will be great after a long day on my feet on placement. The smell is pretty fake, but it feels nice and cooling.

Sometimes I suffer from a dry, itchy and flaky scalp, so I got the advance techniques scalp treatment for £2.70. I have yet to try this, but hope it will help when I get a flare up.

The final product I got was a glimmer stick, which was £2 as I had already spent over £10 in the brochure.

I got this in starry night blue, which is a dark navy kind of shade. I can't say it seems that glimmery to me! Its one of the eye pencils that winds up-


All in all, very pleased with my Avon haul! I am putting in another order tomorrow, so you will get to see that in a few weeks.

I have a few questions for you ladies about Avon-
Any product recommendations?
Anyone been an Avon rep and have any tips for Katie?
Anyone know of a good smudgeproof mascara from Avon? (customer question Katie got)
Thanks!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

6 comments:

  1. great review =) ive never used avon products as i've never been sure of ordering from the brochure but reviews like this give me the confidence to order!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi cute lady! im a pink lover myself thats why when i saw your blog i fell inlove. i love also the cute swatches. im your new follower! pls check out mine too.

    xoxo,
    shineyglam.blogspot.com
    (FASHION, BEAUTY & WELL-BEING BLOG)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @starglittermagic Yeah, it can be a bit daunting, ordering stuff you haven't seen. My friend assured me that you can return anything, so no need to worry. There are some great bargains!

    @shineyglam Thanks! I'll check out your blog.

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely haul and I like Avon products too.:D

    I love their eyeliners.:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I really want to try the lotus shield!! The advert on tv makes it look utterly amazing! Looking forward to reading your review of it :) Xxx

    Eye to The Keyhole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you liked the products! I have found that with the Lotus Shield, I can actually blow-dry my hair (having applied a 5 pence piece-sized blob of Lotus Shield after washing), and not have to straighten it, if I style it ok whilst blow-drying. Ever since I started straightening my hair, I have NOT been able to do this, as my hair seemed so frizzy and horrible if I didn't run the straighteners through it. But Lotus Shield seems to have solved this problem! So my hair should be less damaged AND it saves a little bit of time....I'm happy.
    Also, regarding the Glimmersticks eyeliner, there is a new, glittery version of these coming out in 2 brochures' time, and I have pre-ordered a demonstration one, so I can let you try it out and you can blog about it. I think it will be more what you're looking for.
    And starsglittermagic, Anna's right, you can return Avon products (via your rep, so no postage charges) up to 90 days after it is delivered. So if you try out a product and find it's not what you expected, you can get your money back.
    Wow, I really write a lot, even when just commenting on other people's posts.....sorry for the mini-essay!!! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...