Thursday 2 September 2010

Making me blush! Part two- Bourjois Rose D'or

Now, by rights, this should have been the first part of my series. Do you remember the days, pre beauty blogging, when you only had a few bits of make up? Well, back then, this was my blusher! I maybe had another few,but this was the one I used, day in, day out. In fact, I have 2 of these, as I lost it once, and instead of being adventurous and buying a different one, I bought it again! Since I started blogging, and buying alot more make up, its been a bit unloved. I still do love it really, and need to use it more!



Packaging


The packaging for the Bourjois Blushers is the same as the eye shadow pots, which can lead to confusion,as I have an eyeshadow in a similar shade! I do like the packaging, its compact, and sturdy. You get the wee mirror, which wouldn't be much use for doing your whole make up, but is ok for touch ups.  I actually think the brush isn't too bad, again in those dark pre-blogging days, I just used to use this. I have now upgraded to an E.L.F blusher brush. Overall, the packaging gets the thumbs up from me, it has a good clasp, so stays shut during transit.


Onto the product itself. You get 2.5g, and mine looks hardly used, even though I have used it alot. I'm not sure i'll ever get on to the second one! It also has a slight smell, kind of powdery, flowery,which doesn't last too long on the skin, but I actually quite like when I am applying. I like the colour, its a darkish pink shade, with a golden shimmer. It actually looks alot more shimmery here than it actually looks when blended on the cheeks. This swatch is unblended-


and blended-



Again, my pictures aren't great, but this blusher isn't hugely pigmented. It gives a subtle glow, which can be built up. I often use it over a cream blush. All in all, I still like this blusher, even if it has been ousted from the favourite spot by my recent purchases. Oh, nearly forgot, it costs £6.99, which is maybe a little on the pricey side for a high street blusher. Or maybe i'm stingy! I would like to try some more from their range, so i'm keeping my beady eyes out for a 3 for 2 offer!

Do you have any bourjois blushers?
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried this brand but thanks for the review!:D I like the shade of pink it gives.

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this blush and it's very nice, although I agree that's not so pigmented
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Boujois blushers! They last for ages and are good value for money! Even though I have Nars and MAC I'll always love my little Bourjois blush! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what do you think of the elf blusher brush? i've needed a new one for a while but have found elf products a bit hit and miss x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marie I went through a stage of buying loads of bourjois, but haven't for a while now. It is nice and subtle!

    @Aru yeah, it really needs to be built up to show up much, but I guess thats better than being too dark!

    @Ms Wedgie Yeah, I don't think I will ever use this one up! I was in town today, and spookily, there is now a 3for2 on bourjois in superdrug!

    @starsglittermagic I like the brush, its the studio one. Its kinda pointy, so has angled sides for contouring(if I ever master it) I love all the studio face brushes I have, but the regular ones aren't so nice. The regular eye brushes are great though!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blush! :-) I also reviewed it in July, i just couldn't resist, this blush deserves it. :-)
    makeupjelena

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...