Tuesday 7 September 2010

August favourites, with a little extra!

Again, can't believe another month has ended! OK, so it was a few days ago now, but i've had a few things on. I don't have many new favourites this month, as I have mostly been using the same things as last month!

Yes, the Sleek palettes are featuring again! As you can see, I have a new addition, Storm! I asked on my post about the palettes what one people liked, and the resounding answer was Storm. So, I had to obey,and purchase it. Other favourites this month are Avon's lotus Shield, which I will be reviewing very soon. Another upcoming review I have is the MUA eyeshadows. This lilac shade is my favourite, but I am really impressed with the pigmentation of them all. Last up, is the brow brush I got from Poundland a while back.


This brush is designed for brows, but I have been using it to add some black eyeshadow as an eyeliner. I have fairly small eyes, so I find normal eyeliner can make them look even smaller. If I use this brush and some eyeshadow, it creates a more smokey look, without the tiny eyes!

As I don't have many favourites to show you, I thought I would show you what else I have been up to in August. First up, I went to visit my Granny in Somerset with my Mum and Brother. I took my boyfriends camera and had some fun mucking about with the close up settings-



We then went to visit my mums cousin, and his dog had just had puppies! They are 7 days old here, and too cute-



When I was younger we spent every summer holiday at my grans, and the highlight of the holiday was always visiting the beach, at Lyme Regis. So of course we had to go back, and my mum treated me to a pink bucket and spade! I am going to use these to store toiletries in the bathroom!








I always wanted one of these boats, but I was never allowed!

We went to a country show, and they had lots of these cute wee guys, Alpacas!



How awesome are they?

Continuing on the animal front, I went with the boyfriend to a local wildlife centre, which is a bargain at £3.50, so we always go on a sunday when we are bored! My favourites are the lemurs-



and the skunks, they were the friendliest ever!



Hiya!



Sorry there were so many photos, but I hope you like the glimpse into my August!

Did you get up to anything exciting?

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

3 comments:

  1. great post =) looks like you've had a lovely august!! glad u like the storm pallet too its defo a winner xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I have been enjoying being off uni! Back in a few weeks though. I am loving all the sleek palettes, I hope they do another limited edition soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...