Thursday 1 July 2010

Review: 17 Limited Edition Precious Metals Bronzer

I saw this on Sabrina's blog, and knew I had to have it! It is from the 17 Precious Metals collection, which is limited edition until the 13th of July (apparently). The collection also contains a nail polish, eyeshadow trio and lipgloss. The bronzer was £4.49, from Boots. Also, they have an offer just now if you spend £6 on 17, you get a free gift with lipgloss, mascara and nailpolish, bonus! So, lets have a lookie-


Packaging-
I think the packaging is ok, the gold effect on the front is quite nice, but i'm not sure about the white bottom. It gets a little mucky, as you can see at the bottom. Overall though, its no biggie, its a nice size, and a wee bit different than the normal black 17 packaging. It also seems pretty sturdy, so shouldn't open or break easily in bags!
What it says-
'A shimmering powder that creates a beautiful bronzed glow. Sweep a brush through all 4 shades then lightly dust onto cheekbones'

I have to say, I love this! Lets look at some swatches, firstly the individual shades-


(sorry about the bad photo quality, that is something I need to work on, so any tips on lighting or technique, greatly appreciated!)
All shades mixed-

So as you can see, its fairly shimmery, as would be expected! It isn't something I would wear on a daily basis, but for summer, or a night out, its ideal! I did wear it in Paris, and found that it does need a good bit of blending, but looks lovely! I would say apply lightly and build, as it can be a bit of a shimmery shock at first!

While thinking about this review, I tried out a few other uses. As there is a good range of shades, it is actually a very versatile product. The lightest shade works well as a highlighter, applied below brows, or on cheek bones. The other shades make great metallic eyeshadows. This makes it an ideal product for taking on holiday, as you have all these products in one, and you can look shimmery, summery and fantastic!

I think that writing this review has actually made me love this even more! So ladies, get yourselves down to Boots before it sells out!
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

5 comments:

  1. This looks really nice! Might have to pick one up next time im in Boots :)

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its actually even better than I first thought. I'm tempted to go back for the eyeshadow now.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog! thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks amethyst ring

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful to you for sharing this plethora of useful information. I found this resource utmost beneficial for me. Thanks a lot for hard work. garnet engagement ring

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...