Friday 9 July 2010

e.l.f and Sleek goodies

Good evening Ladies!
Hope you all had a good week, mine was fun as I was down in London visiting my bro, and also got to catch up with the boyf who was down for work!

I didn't buy much when I was down there, as the pennies are running very low, but I did get my first ever Sleek Palette! I chose Original-

I haven't done any swatches, as I guessed most people have seen them before, I'm a bit late jumping on the Sleek bandwagon! Please let me know if you would like to see any though! I chose this one as the colours seem very versatile, and not too bright, which I'm not keen on. I really want to get better at eye make up, so i'll be playing around with these alot.

So I  have had a wee list accumulating of stuff I wanted from e.l.f, and when last weeks offer of free postage, free lip glosses and competition entry came up, I could resist no longer! Here is a pretty bad photo of what I got-

Pretty restrained, hey? I have been wanting the brushes for a while, in particular the flat topped one.
I got the studio powder brush (flat top), studio blush brush, and defining eye brush. I plan to use the blush brush to develop my contour skills, and the eye brush along with my new sleek palette, to do better eyes! I'm going to be busy in front of my mirror (and youtube!).

Closer look at the flat top-

This is called a powder brush, but I bought it for putting on my foundation. It is very dense, and I did try swiping it over some powder, but it seemed to pick up a bit much for my liking. I prefer my e.l.f studio complexion brush for powder. I haven't tried this yet for my liquid foundation, but I have high hopes after reading about it on other blogs!

The other thing I got was the studio blush in Gotta Glow, which is a highlight rather than a blush, i'd say.



I really like this product, its got a nice sturdy case, its shimmery, but not too much, and gives a nice highlighted effect! Yay for e.l.f!

Hope you all have a good weekend, I have a hen do, so need to decide what to wear!

Blogger Templates


5 comments:

  1. Ive got a big ELF shopping list building up as well! Just need the pennies now!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, its too tempting! Thats it, I'm definitely not buying any more for aaaages!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul !! :) I'd love some swatches of the Sleek palette! :) the 2 elf studio brushes you got are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely haul!:D

    I want that Sleek palette, we should be able to purchase that here in the U.S., so not fair!

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, its maybe one of the perks of living in the uk!x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...