Thursday 22 July 2010

I love Poundland!

Yes Ladies, its true! Being a poor student, i'm always on the lookout for a bargain. Poundland has some really good deals, lots of brand names, for just, thats right, a pound! Now I didn't buy all this at once, this is a few months worth of purchases, as it is hit and miss, they have different things in all the time. They have brand name make up, which you need to have a wee sort through, but can get some good bits.

As you can see, there are some good bargains to be had! All of the above were a pound each, except the revlon lipglosses which were 2 for a pound.  So we have Revlon skinlights touch-pad makeup (more about that below), almay blush in a peachy shade, vital radiance blush, Revlon diamond lust eyeshadow, which is nicely shimmery for the summer, Rimmel metallic cream shadow, which isn't great on it own, but works well under the revlon shadow. Then its the 2 revlon lipglosses, which come with a tiny lip brush that doubles as the clasp!I am particularly happy with the vital radiance brushes, I got a brow brush and a concealer brush.

I will probably not use the brow brush for its intended purpose, but will use for eyeshadows and the like. I like the fact that the concealer brush is nice and little, for exact application! The Revlon skinlights touch-pad makeup I just thought i'd try out, it doesn't have a shade or anything.


As you can see, it looks a bit strange, its a liquid foundation, which is contained in a foamy pad. I just press down with my fingers, and apply. Its quite light, and shimmery, and I actually really like it for summer. I even went back for a back up. All the make up comes in a purple packet, so this is what you need to look out for-

It says famous brands, and they are usually hanging up so you need to have a good sort through. I also got a few other goodies-

I have seen a few different Sally Hansen products in there, I think some of them are ones we don't get here. I got a moisturising cuticle remover, as I'm a little fanatical about removing cuticles. I also got a pack of exfoliating and cleansing sponges, 2 pairs of lashes, and a little nail art set, just to have a play about with. I had read elsewhere that the lashes were good, so I got a couple of pairs to practice applying with, as I don't have much experience. I cut the top of the pack off to store them.


I got a plain pair, and a blingy pair. They even come with glue, which probably won't be the best, but we'll see. I am realising this post has gone on for ages, but I have one last wee bargain!


Now i'm sure you have probably seen these before, as alot of bloggers have them. My local store only just got them back in, so I was very excited about this, and bought quite a few! They are pretty small, but as my collection is rapidly outgrowing my pretty wh smith cupcake drawers, there are ideal until I sort out a better solution.
So I hope you enjoyed my bargains, and please let me know of any you have found!

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

9 comments:

  1. Ooh I may have to try and get my hands on that revlon foundation, looks interesting! Lovely haul :) Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol i have been picking up these bargains for the past few months :) I usually use them to even out swaps or through in as extras :) nice to be nice and all that , but i think my best bargains in poundland have always been the neutrogena moisturizers or johnsons holiday skin , also L'oreal make up remover face washes etc ... these things are never regular though. Like you said good to pop in now and again :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be going down Poundland then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, thought I'd stop by again and see if blogger fancies letting me me leave a comment today!

    This post reminded me that I wanted to go to the £1 shop today when I went late night shopping, but the £1 and the 99p shop both close early at 7 even though everything else is open until 9pm. Booo I wanted some fun cheap stuff I don't really need!

    Thanks for entering my giveaway xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I'm not the only one that loves a bargain!
    @Fashionableaddict, L'oreal you say? I'll need to keep my eyes peeled!
    @LBmakeup Don't blame me if all those pounds add up to a small fortune!
    @Gem, yeah its annoying they aren't open late. Nothing beats a wee pound shop treat!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveeee PoundLand, your soo right, there are soo many bargains to be had in there! Im always finding little gems! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of those Vital radiance blushers, i love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must go in there on my next visit to town!

    I've given you an award, you can find it here
    http://fudgesmoothiesmakeup.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-heart-your-blog-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great post, I didn't know about this until you blogged about it, I got a few things from poundland the last time i was there x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...