Wednesday 21 July 2010

Clinique Ambassador Programme

I was excited to recieve an email the other week saying I had been accepted to be a Clinique Ambassador. This was something I applied for online, and involved answering questions about my skin. What this involves for now is trying out their 3 step system for 2 weeks, and submitting reviews and video diaries. This is all related to their 3 things before 30 campaign. I also have to get some lovely people to sign up for their website when it launches, more about that nearer the time! Once these steps are done, i'll be a fully fledged Ambassador, and the first 200 to become one get a full sized 3 step system. Not sure what else will happen in the future! Anyway, I got my pack last week-

It all came in a nice little box, with the booklet explaining the process, and my ambassador card! Again, not sure what this will actually do, but it looks swish! Maybe i'll try using it to get into VIP areas and the like! The kit itself is matched to your skintype, and I got type 3, for combination/oily skin, which is accurate.

I was surprised with the sizes of the samples, which were 50ml of the liquid facial soap, 100 ml of clarifying lotion, and 30ml of Moisturizing gel. I think these will last beyond the 2 week trial period! The 3 step system is supposed to be simple, takes 3 minutes twice a day, and cleanses, exfoliates and moisturises. I guess this is a little different than the cleanse, tone, moisturise we are used to. I have been using the products for 6 days now, and whilst I feel they are ok, I am not bowled over. Clinque state that the RRP of the full 3 step system is £42, and for this price, I would expect a bit more. My skin does feel soft, but I can't help but feel it gets a little greasy later in the day. Also, the clarifying lotion smells exactly like tequila! I thought maybe I was crazy, but I got my boyfriend to sniff it, and his reaction was 'Eww, Tequila, that just gave me the boke!' (thats made him feel sick, for the non-scots!).  I also think I prefer a cleanser lotion in the evening, rather than a facial wash, I don't want to be woken up with water when I'm about to sleep!

Anyway, i'll keep using the products, and keep you updated with how I get on.

In other exciting news, I recieved a product today to guest review for another blog, more on that when its published!

Hope you all had a great weekend, mine was rainy as usual! I finally escaped the jury duty on friday morning!


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is adorable!! Unhealthy obsession with cosmetics? we have that in common ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks! Ha, I'm not so sure having our blogs helps with our obsession, it just makes it seem justifiable!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh keep me posted on what this ambassador thing is about, I love clinique stuff!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog! I am now following you..your blog is super cute!
    It's great that you got on this ambassador programme..but it smelling like tequila definately isn't a good thing..it' sickening! How was dury duty?! I can imagine it to be quite interesting..depending on the case of course!
    Laura
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @zebyk, I will keep updating about this, and let you know when you can sign up for the site!

    @scouselovesmakeup, thanks, that means alot to me! Took a while to make it look like I wanted! I know, the smell is weird, its not a big deal, but a little off putting! I didn't actually get to be on a Jury, just lots of hanging about!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha major typo there with the dury instead of jury!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am follower and I just love your blog. I LOVE Clinique. You must keep us posted about the program.
    I blog at:http://prissymum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Prissy Mum Thanks so much! I will do a 2 week update next week, and post the link for people to sign up to the site. I just followed your blog too!
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...