Friday 30 July 2010

Cupcakes and Kites!

Everyone loves cupcakes, right? Well me and the bf certainly do, so when I heard about a new cupcake shop in St Andrews, I knew straight away we had to go! It was his birthday a couple of weeks back, and I got him a kite as one of his presents, so I thought we could combine both in a lovely wee day out. The cupcakes are from a shop called Bibi's Bakery, which is a cake lovers heaven! It had about 20 varieties of cupcakes, which made it very hard to choose. We did manage to narrow it down to 2 each-


Don't they look amazing? They tasted it too! We both got a Turkish Delight-

Not only was there a square of chocolate covered turkish delight on top, the frosting tasted of it too, and at the bottom of the cake, was some gooey filling that also tasted of turkish delight! Yum yum. For my second cake, I had to go for the girlie choice of chocolate-
Not much more to say about this, other than it was all about the chocolate! Again there was a gooey chocolate filling at the bottom. The bf chose raspberry for his other cake-
Again, tasty, tasty! I may have had a wee taste of the topping, and can confirm it was yummy. I was really excited about our visit to Bibi's, and it didn't dissapoint! I was very pleasantly surprised, I was expecting to part with a small fortune, but it was £5 for the 4 cakes, so £1.25 each. The prices started from £1.45 for a single cake, and got cheaper the more you bought. Great value. They do amazing towers of cupcakes for weddings and things, as well as cupcake decorating classes. I would love to go to these, but at £125 its a little out of my league right now! I just read on their facebook page that they have been shortlisted in the National Cupcake competiton, so fingers crossed for them. Only problem now is that we will probably end up going to St Andrews every weekend for cakes.

Now that wouldn't be so bad, as like I said, we have a new kite to play with. St Andrews beach is always full of kite flyers, along with kite boarders/surfers. The kite I got is a quite small one, but a good one to start with. It was lots of fun, but quite hard to master! Needless to say, the boy could get it flying quite well, but when I had a go, it stayed up for a minute, and then came crashing down. Ah well, practice makes perfect, and practice means cupcakes!

Hope you enjoyed drooling over the cakes, and all you Scottish Lassies, I would recommend you make the trip!

Blogger Templates

13 comments:

  1. These look yummy!And going every weekend there for cakes and the beach sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg why do i not know about this place!!! I live 10 mins from st andrews! , Ok i Know where I'm going 2moro on my day off :P xxx Lovely post XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ria They really were amazing! At least kite flying might burn off some of them!

    @fashionableaddict I know, i only just heard of it! Its been open a few months. Its on south street, the other end from the ice cream shop.(also amazing!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so yummy and cute!:D I'm now craving for cupcakes!:D

    Beach and cupcakes?!:D Heaven!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marie Ha, I should have added that as its a Scottish beach, its not so much sunbathing, more windswept walks! Well, it was nice earlier in the summer, but the weather hasn't been so great lately!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh they look so delicious. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing!! And so cheap as well! Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did well to narrow it down to just two each! I would have struggled to narrow it down to two boxes! The Turkish Delight ones look amazing!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. these cupcakes look divine!!!!

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. They certainly were yum! I may have gone back again yesterday, oops!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...