Thursday 3 November 2011

Zen Lifestyle

 Back  in September, I was invited to a bloggers event at Zen Lifestyle's new salon in Edinburgh's Hanover Street. I am only getting round to telling you all about it now, bad blogger! 


Photo credit: Zen lifestyle website

The evening was lovely, we got to see the new salon, which is amazingly swish, and got a to choose a few treatments. We could choose from Shellac nails, HD brows, Blink & Go lashes, and Dr Murad skin mapping. As I had a wedding coming up that week, I went for Shellac and lashes.

Photo credit: Alison Jamieson Consultants

The Shellac process was very straightforward and quick. My nails were shaped,  and then a base coat applied which was cured under the UV light, then 2 coats of colour, then a top coat, with curing between each coat. It probably took less than 20 minutes altogether. The result was amazing, completely dry, shiny nails, that last for up to 2 weeks.


Sorry for the rubbish phone photo, but this shows the nails 1 week on. There is some nail growth showing, but other than that they still look perfect. I removed the Shellac just before the 2 week mark, following instructions I found on youtube, as it was a bit far for me to go back to Zen to have them removed.

Photo credit: Alison Jamieson Consultants
It was then over to the lash and brow area, to have blink and go lashes applied. (No, thats not me, its Amanda and Rani)
Photo credit: Beauty Blogging Blonde

Again, application was quick and easy. The tape is there to stop my lower lashes getting in the way. It felt a bit strange, but that's all.


I asked for natural looking lashes, and that's what I got! They looked amazing, and lasted for over 2 weeks. I was so happy with the results, and would definitely like to get these lashes again for a special event. Obviously a nice photo of my lashes would be good here, but my boyfriend seems to have lost the photo's he took for me. Its not that I am rubbish, honest!

The event was great overall, thanks Zen! There were amazing nibbles and fizz, nom nom!

Photo credit: Alison Jamieson Consultants

Those coronation chicken wraps were so tasty, took all my willpower to not eat the whole plate!

If you fancy checking out Zen lifestyle, I saw on their website that they have Christmas shopping evenings coming up, so have a look- Zen lifestyle.


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...