Tuesday 16 November 2010

MUA Eyeshadows

I'm sure you have all heard of MUA, the range of make up sold in Superdrug. The best thing about the range? Everything costs a pound. Yes, £1.  I have tried out quite a few of their products, as they are a guilt free cheap purchase when I need a little pick me up! I thought I would show you the eyeshadows I have, as I think these are the best items in the range. (except maybe the glitter eye liners, but thats a whole other post!)


I took a photo of the backs too, not really sure why, but might as well use it!

You get 2g of product for your pound, which I think is a good deal. In fact, I don't think I have ever used up, or 'hit pan' on an eyeshadow in my life, so they could probably be tiny and i'd still be fine. That said, I have already bought a back up of one of these shadows, keep reading to find out which one. Also, as with all MUA products, there are no names, just numbers. The eyeshadows are numbered, and classified either Matte or Pearl. If you can read the numbers above, you will see I only have 1 matte shadow, as I think the pearl ones are much better.

The photos aren't amazing, I really couldn't get shots to do the colours justice. I have some closer up ones of the individual shades which show them a little better.


This is shade 16, a matte pink. This is probably my least favourite of the lot, as it doesn't really give much colour pay off. Could be useful as a base I guess.


 This is shade 11, a pearl brown. This has a nice shimmer to it, and is a good day time shade. I like browns for the winter!


 This is shade 1, another pearl. This is probably my second favourite colour. I am not very good at doing complicated eye looks, or even simple ones for that matter, so I tend to just wear a wash of one colour. This is ideal for a subtle daytime look, and can be used as a base if I am attempting something more exciting. Would also work well as a highlight I think.


 This is shade 9, pearl. I think this one is supposed to be a dupe of a MAC eyeshadow, but as a cheapskate, I know not of these things. Its a nice shimmery purple, which is very pigmented and bold, something i'd keep for a night out on the tiles!


 Shade 8, pearl, is a shimmery green. I don't think I've ever actually worn this, but I will get the courage one day!


Last, but by no means least, is shade 4, yes, you guessed it, another pearl. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shadow! Its so wearable. Its a shimmery lilac, which has silvery undertones. I wear this during the day, at night, all the time! This is the one I already have a back up of.

I usually wear the shadows over ELF primer, and they last well, and usually still look ok by the end of the day. They have a lovely creamy texture, and great pigmentation.

Lets have a look at some not great swatches-




As you can see, or not see, the pink shade is not even visible. So, I wouldn't really recommend that one, but would heartily recommend the rest.

Have you tried anything from MUA?
Would you like to see the other products I have from the range?

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

10 comments:

  1. I already own the purple one and it's so pretty! :) I like the green and the brown one you got! ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @stavroula Oh yeah, I remember seeing them in your swap.They are such good quality for such a low price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! these look great :) thanks for the swatch. I am a new follower :)

    hope you drop by my blog too

    http://sarahassansblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should try the matt black! its awesome for setting liquid/gel eyeliner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart these shadows, I picked up 1 and 11 and another taurpey shade when they came out and am astounded by their quality and then undertones.
    Kat x
    Don’t forget to enter my giveaway @ Click&Make-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried anything from MUA but I will check if we have some over here in L.A.

    I can see that the majority of the shades you got have amazing pigmentation and you can't beat the price!:D

    Thanks for the swatches!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @sara H, thanks!

    @chloe Oh, I'll have a look. I have a few matte blacks in sleek palettes, would they do the same?

    @Kat O I know, they are amazing! I wish there were more colours!

    @Marie I suspects its a uk only brand, but we could always do a swap?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the MUA shadows, I have the shade 11 brown colour and its so pigmented! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Fern Yeah, they are so pigmented for such a low price. They have really surprised me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...