Tuesday 9 November 2010

I went shopping!

Again, I am sorry for my prolonged absence. I think I need to accept I can't do everything, and my final year of uni needs to come first. I am feeling a little snowed under with my dissertation, 12,000 words! As I am studying Nursing, I chose to do my dissertation on Eczema, specifically looking at if eczema patients health needs are being met, and the nurses role in this. I know some of you have eczema, so any opinions or experiences about this would be greatly appreciated, annapinkpompoms@gmail.com, if you are so inclined.

Anyway, I did manage to sneak in some cheeky shopping trips, this one being in Boots and Superdrug, when I had a little time to spare between uni and a meeting. Does anyone else do that? Just pop in to Boots for a browse, and come out with loads. (I suspect the answer is yes, this is why we are beauty bloggers).


Nothing too excessive, as there was a 3 for 2 on 17. You may notice most of the things I buy are in some kind of offer, I think this is how I justify it. I realise this makes no sense, as it means I buy more to get the offer. Ah well. The sleek blush and vaseline were full price, but I wanted to try them both as they were new, another terrible trap I have fallen into since blogging.


 The sleek blush is in pomegranate. I know everyone has been talking about rose gold, and how lovely it is, but they were sold out when I was in. Just means I can buy another. This was £3.99, but if you join Sleeks facebook page they are giving out a 50% off code this thursday.

The vaseline with cocoa butter is the latest addition to their lip therapy range. Its odd, I have at least 3 tins already (orginal, rose and aloe), which I don't even really like, yet I couldn't resist this! I love the smell of cocoa butter, and although this is a little artificial, it is still nice. I think it feels nicer on the lips than the other kinds too. It cost £1.89.

From the 17 range I got eyeshadows in statuesque (left) and gold emerald. The blush is plum puff. I find myself buying more 17 these days, I think they have really upped their game. The eyeshadows and blusher were £3.49  each, but like I said, 3 for 2.

(L-R Sleek Pomegranate, 17 Plum Puff, 17 statuesque, 17 gold emerald)

Sorry about the terrible swatches, I never seem to get home before its dark these days. This is no way does the sleek blush any justice. Its a deep colour, with just the right amount of shimmer. I have been loving wearing this. The 17 blush isn't as exciting, but will be good for a toned down look. I love the 17 statuesque, its a lovely creamy metallic browny bronze. I am a little disappointed with gold emerald. I wanted a nice gold for the festive season, but its not very pigmented or as metallic.

Can you recommend a good bargain gold eyeshadow?
What have you been buying recently?

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

7 comments:

  1. Lovely haul! I am in love with the color of the Sleek blush!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12,000 words are degree group have not got 12,000 words for theirs... its half that !!!! What UNI u at?? x mines on irritable bowel syndrome xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dissertation had to be 15000 words which of course turned out hard to keep to! Enough of that though on to the beauty! That sleek blusher is a really nice colour. Also that vasaline is interesting, cocobutter. Smells nice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm doing my dissertation too, 10000 words, don't know how i will ever do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vaseline cocoa butter but I have the stick version that £1.99. I agree about 17 I like them at the moment as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on your dissertation honey! :) I love everything you got, especially the Sleek blush and the Vaseline Cocoa Butter, maaan it must smell great! I can't wait for Sleek's 50% off :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @charming Vanity Yeah, the new sleek blushes are such nice colours. I can see myself getting more.

    @Aimee I am at Glasgow. We do 4 years up here, so this year is mainly dissertation. Good luck with yours.

    @Enigma Yeah, I think once I start writing, I will be well over, when you divide it into chapters its really not much. The cocoa butter does smell nice, but not as nice as palmers!

    @Sarah We can do it! I am rubbish at self motivation though.

    @kirsty T I did see the stick version on another blog, not seen them in shops though. Much handier when out and about!

    @Stavroula Thanks, I need motivation. Me too,everyone is getting sleek for christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...