Friday 19 November 2010

Avon Super Shock Gel Eyeliner

In a first for pink pom poms, I got a product today that I am so excited about, I had to photograph and blog about it straight away. Hence the poorly light photos, Scotland + winter + evening= darkness! Anyway, the product in question is the Avon Super Shock Gel Eyeliner, in Silver, from the recent luxe lace collection. I just got it this evening from my friend/rep Katie, and was so impressed I had to share it straight away!


The packaging is standard Avon, black with silver writing. I have mentioned this before, but I think Avon tend to use too much packaging. There isn't really any need for a box for an eyeliner, its like they are trying to make it look high end. I just tend to throw it away, so its not very environmentally friendly. What do you think?

Pretty standard pencil, huh? Like I said, this is from the luxe lace collection, which basically means it has that pink lacy design on it! 


The pencil itself has a quite fat tip, and is so soft and easy to apply. It does give a quite thick line, but a bit of sharpening should help to make it thinner.



Not the best swatches, but you get the idea. This eyeliner is so shiny, a really bright silver. I love it, and can't wait to wear it over the festive season. Now, I am a rookie at applying eyeliner, and I found this really easy to apply. I guess silver is a bit more forgiving, but I would hope that other colours would still look ok.

Speaking of which,  there are a few other shades available. From the Luxe Lace collection there is a black, and from the regular line there is black, khaki and bronze.

As with all Avon products, prices vary from brochure to brochure. The official price is £6, but I paid £3. You can still get the luxe lace versions for £3 in brochure 18 and online, but they go up to £4 in the next brochure, which is 1. The regular range colours appear in a Party Perfection supplement with brochure 1 for £3, but are £6 on the website right now. So, get in there quick for cheap luxe lace, and hold on for regular!

I think i'll be ordering the black luxe lace, and maybe some regulars.

Have you bought any good products for your Christmas looks?
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

4 comments:

  1. love your blog :) check out mine-

    ellie-walker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks a gorgeous colour!

    http://kisstomake-up.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pencil!
    www.itsbellatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the add!

    I love the honesty in your reviews, so many people gush about anything and every thing.

    www.kimbersfiddlesticks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...