Wednesday 1 December 2010

Christmas Sparkles- Models Own Mystic Mauve

I don't know about you, but as soon as December hits, and the countdown to Christmas begins, so does my obsession with glitter and sparkles! Its not something I wear to much usually, but come this time of year, I am all about the glitter make up, nails, and even clothes. So, I thought I would start a wee series to share some of my favourite Christmas sparkles.

First up, is a nail polish, which is not glittery, but shimmery, and slightly sparkly. It is Mystic Mauve by Models own.


It is a lilac mauve colour, with a silvery shimmer. In some lights it can look like it is just a silver.


As you can see, its very shiny, and perfect for some subtle Christmas sparkles. I found myself mesmorised by this colour, it is just so pretty on, I could stare at it all day. This will not help my dissertation, so good job I have removed it now.


Application of this polish was very easy, something I have found with all the Models Own polishes I have tried. It applies smoothly, and I could have probably got away with one coat, but I applied two, just to be sure. Models Own polishes usually cost £5,  but of course I got this in a 3 for 2 offer. I didn't apply a top coat, and the polish lasted about 3 days before chipping. However, this didn't stop me! To cheer it up and give it a few more days life, I added a coat of Barry M's Nail effects.


I think nail effects worked really well with this polish, and meant I got a few more days wear.

What are your Christmas polish recommendations?


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

4 comments:

  1. this colour is so pretty! so great for christmas =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh isnt this the one you mentioned on my blog the other day? Looks like a lovely colour & works really well under the Nail Effects too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a serious models own problemo!

    Love it all! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @starsglittermagic I know, its such a nice colour, I am a bit in love.

    @Daisy Loves Yeah, this is the one! I would really recommend it!

    @cupcake couture Same! They are going to be bringing out the nail art pens in all their shades too, oh dear!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...