Tuesday 11 September 2012

Nailing it! - Fimo slices

A while back I went a bit mad on ebay buying nail art supplies. You can get some really cheap nail art goodies on there, usually from Hong Kong or China. At first I was a bit unsure of buying things from so far away, but so far I have had no bother at all. So, I thought I would start a bit of a series showing you the nail art supplies I have bought, and where I got them from. I have noticed lately there are more nail art goodies available on the high street, but they are usually pretty expensive, so ebay is a much better option. First up, Fimo slices! These can instantly make a manicure look amazing, and are so simple to use.


Instead of buying pre-sliced fimo, it is much cheaper to buy a big bundle of fimo canes and chop them yourself. I got mine from this seller, for a very reasonable £3.55 for 100 including postage. As they are coming from Hong Kong they take a couple of weeks to come, but thats no real biggie considering the bargain. As I am a geek, I bought a storage jar with different layers and divided the canes up according to type.

First up, animals. There are little Hello Kitty lookalikes (which I love), bunnies, chicks (ideal for easter) and are they pandas?


 Next, probably the most popular fimo designs, fruit. For some reason I divided the fruits into citrus and soft fruits, super geek! These slices make really fun manicures, ideal for summer holidays.







 Lastly, butterflies and flowers, always pretty!




You also get this slightly scary looking blade with the bundle to chop up the canes. It can be a bit tricky getting the slices thin enough, but practice makes perfect. Obviously you need to be really careful with this, as you ain't going to have nice nail art with no fingers left!


Ordering bundles of canes can be a bit of a gamble, as the pics on ebay are only an example, and you get a random selection. So if you want something in particular you are probably better ordering the actual ones you want, which does work out a bit pricier, but still not much.

Have you tried fimo slices?
Would you like to see some fimo NOTD?

2 comments:

  1. Some of these things I have no idea what they are! Loving the little apples and chicks though, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You divided the fruits into citrus and soft fruits....? Wow, you really are a super geek, I love it! I think you should demonstrate how these look when you have applied them to your nails, as you know I will never be allowed to try them out myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...